Director Consult-Liaison and Emergency Psychiatry
5841 S. Maryland Ave., MC 3077 B306
Chicago, Illinois 60637
Patient Calls: 773-892-4149
Education & Training
- University of Ireland, University College Cork. M.B. B. Ch. B.A.O., 1982
- Internship, Mercy Hospital, Cork, Ireland, 1982-1983
- Family Practice residency. North West Health Board family Practice Training Program, Ireland 1983-1986
- PGY-1, General Adult Psychiatry, University College Dublin, Mater Hospital, Dublin, 1986-1987
- PGY-11/111/1V, General Adult Psychiatry St. George’s Hospital, London, 1987-1991
- Clinical Research Fellowship, Consult-Liaison Psychiatry, National Institute of mental Health, 1992-1993
- Board Certified, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (Adult, General)
- Board Certified, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (Psychosomatic Medicine)
- Consult-Liaison Psychiatry
- Transplant Psychiatry
- Psychiatry of HIV
- Delivery of Psychiatric services to medically ill hospitalized patients.
- Psychiatric morbidity in cancer patients.
- Director, Emergency Psychiatry Course (PGY-1 Curriculum)
- Director, Consult- Liaison Case Conference (PGY-1-11 Curriculum).
- Lecturer, Didactic Lecture Series (MS 3 Curriculum)
- Lecturer, Psychosomatic Series (PGY-11 curriculum)
- Member, American Psychiatric Association (APA)
- Member, Academy Psychosomatic Medicine (APM)
- Member, American Psychosocial Oncology Society (APOS)
- Tobin M.B. (1983) Doctors involved in violence (Letter) I, 8598
- Tobin, M.B. Lim L.C., Falkowski W.F. (1991) How do we manage violent behavior? British Journal of Clinical and Social Psychiatry Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 12-18.
- Lim L.C., Tobin, M.B., Falkowski, W.F. (1991) The characteristics of people who display Violent behavior in a psychiatric hospital. British Journal of Clinical and Social Psychiatry Vol.8, No. 1,pp. 19-23.
- Tobin, M.B. Lacey A.H., Meyer L., Mortimer P.S. (1993) The psychological morbidity of Breast cancer-related arm swelling. Cancer Vol. 72, pp. 3248-3252.
- Tobin, M.B., Schmidt P.J., Rubinow D.R., Rubinow D.R. (1995) Reported alcohol use in Women with premenstrual syndrome. American Journal of Psychiatry Vol. 151, 19, pp. 1503-1504.
- Tung-Ping Su, Schmidt P.J., Danaceau M.A., Tobin, M.B., Rosenstein D.L., Murphy D.L., Rubinow, D.R., (1997) Neuropsychopharmacology 16(5): 345-56.7
- Schmidt P.J., Roca C.A., Tobin M.B., Rubinow D.R., (1998). Pituitary-Adrenal hormones and Testosterone across the menstrual cycle in women with premenstrual syndrome and controls. Biol Psychiatry 43(12): 897-903.
- Schmidt P.J., Newman L., Danaceau M.A., Tobin M.B., Roca C.A., Murphy J.H., Rubinow D.R., (2000) Estrogen replacement in permenopause- related depression. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 2000; 183: 414-20.
- University of Chicago, Committee of Pharmacy and Therapeutics.
- University of Chicago, Committee of Task Force to Review Professionalism in the Medical School.