Director, Student Counseling and Resource Service
5737 South University Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60637
Education & Training
- New York University School of Medicine, M.D., 1983
- The New York Hospital-Cornell University Medical College, Payne Whitney Psychiatric Clinic, Residency Training Program, Psychiatry, 1987
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology: Certification In Psychiatry, 1989; Certification in Addiction Psychiatry, 1993-2003
- Dr. Kramer only treats registered students at the University of Chicago and only takes referrals for students that have come through intake at Student Counseling and Resource Service.
- Dr. Kramer is not currently involved in any active research. He has published in the fields of:
- Psychiatric Education
- Course Director, PGY 2 Psychopharmacology Course
- Co-Director with Deborah Spitz, M.D.: Psychotherapy Case Conference
- Co-Director with Royce Lee, M.D. and Michael Marcangelo. M.D.: Psychopharmacology Conference
- 3 Lectures in PGY 3 Substance Abuse Course
- Lecture in 2nd year Medical Student Course: Alcohol and Drug Abuse
- Distinguished Fellow, American Psychiatric Association
- Currently member of the Continuing Medical Education/Life Long Learning Committee
- Juul, D; Scheiber, SC; Kramer, TAM. Subspecialty Certification by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. Academic Psychiatry; 28:12-17 2004.
- Kramer TAM. Medscape Psychopharmacology Today: All the Things They Taught Us That Were Wrong. Medscape General Medicine 6(2), 2004. Available at: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/472673
- Kramer TAM. Medscape Psychopharmacology Today: Talking Points about Antidepressants and Suicide. Medscape General Medicine 6(2), 2004. Available at: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/473397
- Kramer TAM. Medscape Psychopharmacology Today: Understanding Clinical Trials in Context. Medscape General Medicine 5(4), 2003. Available at: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/462046_1.
- Scheiber S, Kramer TAM, Adamowski S: The implications of Core Competencies for Psychiatric Education and Practice in the US. Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, 48: 215-221, 2003.
- Scheiber S, Kramer TAM, Adamowski S, (Eds.) Core Competencies for Psychiatric Practitioners: What Clinicians Need to Know. American Psychiatric Press Inc., Washington, D.C., 2002.
- Scheiber S, Kramer TAM, Adamowski S, (Eds.) Core Competencies for Neurologists: What Clinicians Need to Know. Butterworth-Heinemann, Burlington, Massachusetts, 2002.
Selected Conferences & Presentations
- Continuing Medical Education Course at the American Psychiatric Association annual meeting, Toronto, Ontario: "Psychiatry and the Internet." 2006
- Grand Rounds, Department of Psychiatry, Regions Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota: “What Makes a Better Psychotropic.” 2005
- Clinical Neurosciences Conference, Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, Evanston, Illinois: “Psychopharmacology for Bad Behavior.” 2004
- Member, Editorial Board, Focus: The Journal of Lifelong Learning in Psychiatry
- Faculty Adviser, Mental Health Awareness, The University Of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
- Reviewer, Academic Medicine
- Reviewer, Academic Psychiatry
- Residency Education Committee, Department of Psychiatry
- Instructor of the Year, Department of Psychiatry, The University of Chicago 2004
- National Alliance for the Mentally Ill (NAMI) Exemplary Psychiatrist Award for 2001